Stop and think…
Medicine is changing from a craft concerned with the uniqueness of each encounter with an ill person, to a mass-manufacturing industry preoccupied with the throughput of the sick.
From Intelligent Kindness by Ballatt & Campling (RCPsych, 2011)
Welcome to GP Safe House
GP Safe House (GPSH) is a virtual safe house providing a refuge and support for practitioners experiencing professional challenges.
It guarantees anonymity, security and confidentiality and understands that these are essential.
GPSH has five virtual rooms which offer support, information and resources. Each room corresponds to a different potential problem area. And there's also a Garden Shed! The virtual shed is for your comments and feedback on your experience of using GPSH. This website will be a continual work-in-progress and we will be refreshing and evolving the materials in the months to come. Your feedback, shared solutions to challenges you have faced, and all comments will be very welcome.
The five rooms are:
- Consulting Room - Personal Health Information for the Avon Area
- Burnout Recovery Suite - Burnout and Stress
- Professional Relationships Bureau - Working Relationship Problems
- Library of Solutions - Non-clinical Aspects of Patient Care
- Career Development Office - Professional Development
- Contacts for Support and Advice - This is a link to the Avon LMC Advocate Area which offers the possibility of a personal, completely anonymous, one-to-one, online consultation with a professional advisor as well as more everyday modes of communication!
- The Garden Shed - A place where you can comment or give feedback on using GPSH.