Stop and think…
The importance of kindness comes to the centre of things. Patients realise how kindness makes them feel. Just as important, they seem to know how closely it is connected to effectiveness.
From Intelligent Kindness by Ballatt & Campling (RCPsych, 2011)
Welcome to GP Safe House
GP Safe House (GPSH) is a virtual safe house providing a refuge and support for practitioners experiencing professional challenges.
It guarantees anonymity, security and confidentiality and understands that these are essential.
GPSH has five virtual rooms which offer support, information and resources. If having looked through the self-help resources on this site, and considered contacting one of the Advocates for support, you feel you may need one-to-one help from a counsellor, psychotherapist, psychologist, psychiatrist or coach, please follow this link for more information on the help that Avon LMC can offer you.
Contacts for Support and Advice - This is a link to the Avon LMC Advocate Area which offers the possibility of a personal, completely anonymous, one-to-one, online consultation with a professional advisor as well as more everyday modes of communication! You also may wish to explore the options available in the COPE Scheme. This information is temporarily available via this link.
The five rooms are:
- Consulting Room - Personal Health Information for the Avon Area
- Burnout Recovery Suite - Burnout and Stress
- Professional Relationships Bureau - Working Relationship Problems
- Library of Solutions - Non-clinical Aspects of Patient Care
- Career Development Office - Professional Development
- Contacts for Support and Advice - This is a link to the Avon LMC Advocate Area which offers the possibility of a personal, completely anonymous, one-to-one, online consultation with a professional advisor as well as more everyday modes of communication!
- The Garden Shed - A place where you can comment or give feedback on using GPSH.